Monday, March 1, 2010

Akihiro Sato clarifies rumors linking him to a Thai gay photographer


Akihiro Sato is still relatively new to showbusiness, but the 23-year-old international model turned actor is already getting more intrigues attached to his name.

A segment on Showbiz Central yesterday, February 28, showed the Japanese-Brazilian model in a photo shoot with a well-known gay photographer in Thailand. In the said photo shoot, a half-naked Akiro was beside the full-dressed photographer whose right hand was wrapped around the model’s body. Akihiro’s hands, on the other hand, were clasped around the photographers nape.

The photos sparked off a chain of rumors insinuating that the handsome model is in a supposed relationship with another man.

SC was able to get Akihiro’s comment to the rumor and the Panday Kids mainstay just laughed it off.

“He is really like my family, my papa [dad] in Thailand,” explained Akihiro about the gay photographer. “When I start my career in Brazil, I flew to Thailand and he is the one who took all my shots and he did all my material to start off my modeling. He supposed to start my career in TV in Bangkok, but I choose Philippines.”

Akihiro proceeded to accept the fact that celebrities do get gay issues attached to them. He said: “Wherever you go and wherever you are, people are talking about you. So, personal life is this and I have my personal life. I know what I do and I’m not gay. I have a lot of gay friends and I don’t have a problem with anyone.”

The single Akihiro was also quick to say that he is in no rush to enter a relationship soon.

“I don’t have time and I just got here!” he laughed. “But you never know. I am focusing my business and work. Maybe, I don’t know.”

DETAINED IN THAILAND. Aside from the gay rumor, Akihiro also explained about his detention in Thailand’s airport for almost half a day.

“I forgot my immigration IDs,” said Akihiro. “So, I have to show them my ID. I called my manager [Jonas Gaffud of Mercator Model and Talent Management] and they fixed everything. I almost lost flight to get back here. Everything is fine!”

Akihiro is paired with Jolina Magdangal in GMA-7’s Panday Kids.





Below are the controversial photos. It was actually a supplemental cover of Volume Magazine, a leading fashion magazine in Thailand, celebrating Thai photographer Amat Nimitpark's 25 years in fashion.



What people don't know, Amat is a respected fashion photographer and fashion editor in Thailand. Last October, he held an exhibit called Naked Faces (a photo exhibit of Thai celebrities without make-up and digital retouch) that coincided with his silver anniversary.



It's not only Akihiro Sato who has a "hugging" picture with Amat Nimitpark, Thai teen superstar/commercial model and CineManila Best Actor Mario Maurer (Love of Siam) has one was well. See below pic.




Other pictures included in the magazine: Thai superstars, celebrities and socialites




1 comment:

Unknown said...

akihiro needs to watch his diet and body. he's geting bigger, bulkier and is rapidly losing his sexiness