Friday, September 12, 2008

Enamored with Akihiro Sato




Sep 11, 2008 by FN's Trixie Reyna


What is it about 24-year-old Akihiro Sato, a half-Brazilian, half-Japanese model, that makes the Philippine fashion and entertainment industry so enamored with him—enough, in fact, for Cosmopolitan Philippines to include him in the ten Celebrity Centerfolds of this year’s Cosmomen? To think he has only been in the country for four months!


FemaleNetwork tried to find out when we caught him for a little chat recently. A few minutes into the interview, Aki, as he is fondly called, already endeared himself to us, with his easy smile that reaches all the way to his eyes and hearty laugh (that we hear especially when our questions make him nervous, as he admitted after the interview).See a laid-back, candid, and adorably down-to-earth Akihiro in this FemaleNetwork Q&A (and photo gallery that comes after!).


What do you think makes you hot?

It’s my body, smile, and charisma, especially.


What part of your body are you most proud of?

Oh (laughs). My smile.


How are you as a lover?

Oh, a lover. Actually, I don’t know right now. I’m not seeing anyone.


What kind of girl would usually catch your attention?

She just has to be smiling often, charming, and intelligent.


What do you love about Filipino women?

Their body and face. Filipinas are very charming.


What turns you on?

(Laughs) The girls? I don’t know exactly (laughs some more).


How does it feel to be part of the Cosmo Centerfolds this year?

It’s my first time to be part of the Cosmopolitan Top Ten; it’s very special. I’m so happy and proud to be part of this. To me it’s important to have been part of the show (happening tonight!), especially, so I can show my personality to everybody.


Describe your experience at the Cosmo shoot.

It’s hard because you have to be very sexy, and I’m a bit shy. But it has become my job, and I have to do what I can.


How did you prepare for the shoot?

I work out a lot, prepare myself physically, and also in my mind, I have to know what to do on the day itself. This is my first time to be shown this way in public. I really had to prepare my mind, my heart, and my body.



What do you think makes you one of today’s “it” models?

I’m really just happy Filipinos accepted me here. I just have to give everything I’ve got and be like I’m Filipino. And I apply this in modeling. If you come here, you have to do a nice job to be a professional. Respect everybody.


How long do you intend to stay in the Philippines?

I plan to stay longer, because here, everybody is so nice. You accepted me that’s why I’m very happy to be here. I feel like my heart is almost Filipino.


What do you plan to do while you are here?

I plan to study and be an actor here in the future. But first I plan to study theater and maybe directing films in UP (where he is already enrolled).


If ever you do get into showbiz, would you be willing to do sexy roles?

Well, if it’s part of the job, yes of course. If you want to be an actor, you have to know how to do everything. The sexy part is a hard part of this job, but of course I would do it.



Apart from modeling, what keeps you busy?

I study a lot, I try to learn Filipino, I try to improve my English. And of course, for modeling, you have to take care of both your face and your body. And in terms of personality, you have to focus and concentrate on what you want.

No comments: